Creamy polenta is a perfect side dish for any meal. The comforting texture of ground cornmeal is cooked in a creamy mixture of milk, parmesan cheese, and melted butter.
Everyone loves a warm and creamy side dish to accompany their meal. My kids love any mashed potatoes like my Dad’s potatoes or my super easy crockpot potatoes. And really, you can’t go wrong with any sweet potatoes so this casserole is perfect for a side too!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 4 cups chicken broth (vegetable broth or water)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup polenta, or coarse cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
- black pepper to taste