Egg Waffles with Romesco and Goat Cheese
Egg Waffles with Romesco and Goat Cheese! Light puffy scrambled eggs loaded with lots of cheese, veggies, bacon (if you want), romesco sauce, and any other toppings you can imagine.Don’t you dare limit your waffle maker. Let her run free. Let her fly from the bounds of drippy batter-turned-waffle because today we’re looking at making some cute lil’ omelette guys in there and really, what a delightful little twist on brunch or brinner!
We all know scrambled eggs are easy, nutritious and quick, and can definitely save the day on one of those SOS-y type nights when you are really scrambling (lol pun intended) to get something on the table fast. You can throw veg in there. Protein? Coming ‘atcha. Cheese? Yes of course, why not.
So we wanted to take the feel of that very regular and totally acceptable meal and make it so much more fun. Because here we are in February, the longest shortest month.
Light puffy scrambled eggs, speckled with little bits of bacon and spinach or any other veg/protein combo you love, some hashbrowns tossed in for good measure, and extra cheese that gets all goldy-crisp on top.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups frozen hashbrowns (or just a grated potato works, too)
- 1/4 cup bacon or pancetta or cooked sausage (optional)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- a few shakes of garlic powder
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup spinach, torn or cut into small pieces (optional)
- a couple little pieces of cheddar cheese to put on top (for extra cheesy-golden-brown spots)
- Egg Waffle Toppings
- goat cheese
- peppers and garlic confit
- romesco sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- hot sauce!