One of the absolute best things in the world to eat is poutine.
It has everything: savory deep flavors, hearty carbs, mountains of cheese, and gravy. It’s an absolute beast of a dish, in the best way. I have eaten so many poutines in my life and I don’t regret any of them.
Poutine is a classic Quebequois Canadian dish consisting of fries, fresh cheese curds, and gravy. It’s fairly newish, created in the 50s – it doesn’t really have a clear inventor, but there are tons of places who claim they invented it.
- 1 lb frozen french fries ~ 1 bag
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups beef stock no sodium preferred
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cornstarch made into a slurry with 1 tbsp water
- 1.5 cups fresh cheese curds