Veggie Stromboli with Mushroom, Spinach and Mozzarella
This cheesy veggie stromboli is stuffed with mushrooms, spinach, and mozzarella cheese. It’s a little messy, so prepare to get your hands dirty!
Lots of you have been asking me for more meatless dishes, so I was excited to create this Mushroom and Spinach Stromboli. Stromboli is basically a stuffed pizza filled with whatever your heart desires. Some add meat and cheese, but I prefer using healthier fillings, like veggies. They are eaten hot and can be served as a main dish or an appetizer to share with friends. It’s perfect for parties and gatherings you want to eat appetizers for dinner.
- 16 ounce refrigerated or homemade pizza dough
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 8 ounces thinly sliced cremini mushrooms, stems trimmed
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg white, beaten
- sesame seeds, optional for topping
- marinara sauce, for serving