French Toast Casserole
The BEST easy breakfast or brunch recipe, simple enough for a weekday breakfast and perfectly decadent for a holiday brunch, this French Toast Casserole recipe is ready in one hour! Or make it the night before for a fuss-free morning!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, as they say, and we love a good comforting breakfast recipe – especially one that can be prepared the night before! This French Toast Casserole recipe is our go-to make-ahead breakfast when we’re hosting a brunch, a holiday breakfast, or if we have overnight guests, and it’s even a delicious breakfast for busy weekdays.
- 12 cups day-old bread cubes we suggest using french bread or sourdough bread
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream for a lighter option, use half and half
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon