Crab Mac And Cheese
Crab Mac and Cheese is indulgent, so cheesy, and elegant enough to serve at your next dinner party! Unbelievably creamy baked mac and cheese is loaded with tender bites of crab meat and is topped with a golden brown sprinkling of crisp breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
My favorite way of making mac and cheese is baking it. This time, I decided to make it extra special so I got some crab meat and added it. Seafood is great paired with pasta and parmesan cheese, and crab is one of my favorite types of seafood. I didn’t have a doubt that it would turn out perfectly.
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 6 oz claw or lump crab meat
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1-2 large shallots chopped finely
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 oz fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 10 oz sharp white cheddar cheese block, grate it yourself
- salt more or less to taste
- fresh cracked pepper more or less to taste
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2-3 tbsp fresh grated parmesan cheese