Ancho Chili Chicken Tacos
This chicken and these tacos were delicious. I can't wait to try making steaks with the sous vide method, where you cook them in the machine, and then quick char them on the barbecue or a cast iron skillet. No more over cooking expensive beef!
These Sous Vide Ancho Chile Chicken Tacos are filled with tender chicken breasts cooked via the sous vide method in a chili sauce made from ancho chilis, Mexican oregano, garlic, brown sugar, and spices. You can also serve this chicken over rice or with tortillas. So simple and so good.
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 2 ounces whole dried ancho chilis, stems cut off, and seeds shaken out.
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried Mexican oregano (regular oregano will work too)
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 to 1 cup vegetable oil
- 8 Corn tortillas or pre-made taco shells
- Garnishes, such as salsa, guacamole, and shredded cheese