Ridiculously Good Wild Blueberry Muffin Smoothie
Ridiculously good blueberry smoothie made with wild blueberries that tastes just like a freshly baked blueberry muffin! This nutritious blueberry muffin smoothie is naturally sweetened without banana, has a boost of protein from greek yogurt, and is filled with muffin flavor thanks to rolled oats & flaxseed. Optional flavor add-ins included for this delicious breakfast or snack!
Wild blueberries are smaller and more flavorful than regular blueberries because they have less water in them. They’re deliciously sweet and a little tangy, and they take the flavor of this blueberry smoothie recipe to the next level.
Wild blueberries are also packed with antioxidants and a compound called anthocyanin. These not only give the blueberries their deep blue/purple color but are also shown to reduce inflammation and help to prevent cell damage. Wild blueberries actually have a significantly higher amount of antioxidants and anthocyanin than regular blueberries!
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries (they have the best flavor!)
- 2 large Medjool dates, pitted and softened if necessary
- ½ cup vanilla greek yogurt (plain also works but vanilla has better flavor!)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- ¼ cup rolled oats, gluten free if desired
- ⅔ cup unsweetened oat or almond milk (or sub any milk of choice!)
- Optional add-ins:
- ⅛ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder of choice