Made with homemade cornbread, crumbled sausage, fresh sage and thyme. So crumbly and so good. Truly a family-favorite!
It really is hard to beat that. Especially when serving with a piping hot gravy soaked piece of turkey and a slice of pumpkin pie for dessert.
- 1 Buttermilk Cornbread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound mild ground pork sausage
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 1 cup chopped pecan halves, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten