White Chocolate Pecan Cookie Bars
White Chocolate Pecan Cookie bars are like deep dish cookies ~ nice and thick with a crispy edges and soft insides. Why bake cookies any other way?
This nice thing about this recipe is that you probably have these ingredients lying around. Swap out the chips or the nuts for your faves.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup golden brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 egg (large or extra large) at room temperature if possible
- 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup (heaped) white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans*