No-Bake Mascarpone Cheesecake: a stunning & EASY dessert!
This no bake mascarpone cheesecake is the easiest cheesecake you’ll ever make! With a press-in biscotti crust and an almond-scented filling, it’s the perfect dessert for any occasion or holiday. The frozen filling has an ice cream-like texture that slowly softens as you eat it, turning ultra creamy. Take note that this cake needs to freeze for an hour before adding the cherry jam topping, then for another 3 hours to set. However, you can make it completely the day (or several days!) before. Take the mascarpone out of the refrigerator an hour or two before making the cake to come to room temperature, or follow the instructions in the notes below for softening it quickly.
- 6 ounces almond biscotti (regular or gluten-free), or 1 ½ cups biscotti crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons (78 g) granulated sugar, divided
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or ½ teaspoon vanilla paste
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup cherry jam
- Fresh cherries or maraschino cherries, for garnish (optional)