Turkey Pot Pie
Make the most of your leftover Thanksgiving turkey with an easy weeknight meal like this turkey pot pie. The pie takes just minutes to throw together with refrigerated pie pastry sheets, a simple roux, and some frozen veggies!
Feel free to use homemade pie pastry for the pie. If you happened to make and freeze a few extra disks of pie dough, you're all set! And if you have some leftover vegetables, you can include them instead of frozen vegetables. You can't go wrong with this fast and easy turkey pot pie! If you aren't a fan of the sage-forward flavor of poultry seasoning, you can omit it or use another blend of herbs or spices. Chicken is another excellent option for this pot pie—make it a chicken pot pie with chopped or shredded meat from a rotisserie chicken.
Serve turkey pot pie for lunch or dinner with cranberry sauce and leftover stuffing on the side, or enjoy it with a simple tossed salad.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half, or cream
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 cup frozen green beans, thawed
- 2 1/2 cups diced leftover turkey
- 2 (7-ounce) refrigerated pie crusts for a 9-inch pie, or homemade
- 1 large egg, for egg wash, optional